RoleWe are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
The QA role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform Regression testing.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Eligibility Criteria or Job Specification
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with J meter and blaze meter for performance testing will be plus.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Test APIs using tools like Postman/ J meter etc.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC and STLC
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Welcoming; in terms of ideas and innovation
- Updated with the environment and norms
- Strong communication skills to collaborate successfully
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, change directions when necessary
- Time Management Skill; manage multiple projects at once
- Good Accountability and reporting
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Other Common Requirements
- Educated to Degree level or higher in a computer-related discipline
- 1-3 Years Work experience as a QA Engineer in reputable IT Firm